RE: What is a photograph anyway?

Jeff,

Again, I was speaking only of trying to use clear language.  The idea of
a photograph isn't all that vague (like what's porn? - I knows it when I
sees it). I know what's on the film (or the RAW data)  and I know what
the print looks like. If they aren't the same it needs a new name.  It
is essential to some of us that people understand exactly how we have
used the medium.

I currated this show at Buckham gallery recently - notice the name:
http://www.gfn.org/buckham/01-06-show.htm

One of the people in this show wouldn't say how the work was made even
when most people guessed. Rather strange!  Would  awful truth diminish
the value of the work?  Do people who make photo-based images lack
confidence in their medium and themselves?  Does calling them
photographs give them more self esteem?

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 4Th ed.