Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:03 AM
Subject: RE: Off topic, but I've just got to know

At
 What happens to a disk when the message - "This disk is not formatted,"
> appears on my computer screen, yet it is a disk that I've been using for
 > several months?

Cat hair in the floppy, cat hair in the drive?  Shut down and
restart?  Unplug and open computer and clean out dust, push gently on
connectors inside, close.

Make backup once a week anyway.

Moving parts are inherently unstable.  Get a thumbdrive for backup of
files so small, or use a small CF card in a cardreader.  I use my 32M
Canon CF card to back up my Quicken files.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx