Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 6:25 AM
Subject: Re: The woman behind

Oh, so sorry Marilyn and the rest. "Here" means Cagayan de Oro,
Philippines. I returned from Canada "here" in November, and I'm still
here, having obviously escaped from winter.

Cagayan de Oro is a city. The traffic is horrible. Something like 6 out
of 10 cars emit dark, suffocating smoke. I find myself complaining all
the time while driving from my home to our office. So, one day, to keep
myself busy, I decided to shoot, with the glass window closed, of
course, because I couldn't bear breathing the smog.

The resulting photos look dense, smoky, amateurish. I have a photo of a
child begging, a church "assaulted" by electric wires, and a store
covered with ugly billboards, among others. Maybe soon I'll show these
to our politicians, or make a website out of them.

In one instance, though, I rode through a rural highway, and found a dog
with rare markings. The air was clean so I opened the window and made
several shots. Here's the result: http://elizaga.net/spots.htm.

I sent this URL to the Canine Genetics list and I'm now exchanging notes
with a gentleman in the US who breeds rare chickens and spotted dogs
from South America. He is there, I'm here, thank God for the Internet. :)

Elson

Marilyn wrote:
"Here, sometimes three children are on motorcyles."

Hi Elson,

Where is "here"?

Marilyn