Re: Resizing images in Photoshop

James writes:

: It's my experience that the Fuji Frontier machine does the best upsizing.
I've
: had small images printed to 10" by 15" with excellent results.

mmmmm !  Tasty!  :-)

they have fantastic RIPS built in.. part of what contributes to the
hideously expensive price tags that go with them.

I had the pleasure of playing with a $260,000 hardware RIP for a few weeks
some time back* - terabytes of hard drives and 8 processors..

it could do magic tricks!  As my first trial I had it rendering a 1800 x
2000 pixel image up to a 48" x 53 " monster print - no one could believe it
came from something as small as a 4" print!

it really was quite remarkable.. fine hairs were 'enlarged' to look very
sharp and with a great degree of apparent detail.

I *know* the resulting print was to all intents and purposes a fictitious
rendering based on a given input image, but hey, it looked GOOD..

still

I suspect if *I* had $160,000 I'd spend it on something else..

(*it was part of my brief foray into being the state sales distribution
manager for Canon wide format printers :)