Re: bolides

I live at Biggin Hill, near London. Thank goodness I'm going deaf and blind in my old age...

Howard

Chris wrote:

Dear Sir

“I heard about 12 very heavy explosions today starting at noon British
time the explosions continued one every few seconds for about 12 minutes.
One was so powerful that my body shook, I felt it in the chest, and there
was a flash in the northern sky overcast sky when one went off.”

I saw two people in front of me simply melt away; I was under a lamp post
and wearing woollen clothing.  I think a dog went the same way.

Report Monday 6 Feb 2006.

I think what hit us on Monday and last night were bolides, ice from the
ort cloud or the Kuiper belt beyond Pluto.

Similar to the rock that caused the mass extinction 65 million years ago
but much smaller and it broke up.

I’ve heard a figure of 20 million of us dead.

Christopher Strevens,
11 Kenley Rd.,
London,
SW19 3JJ.