Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

>My point is, that 75K in this day of cheap big hard drives just seems a
bit
>small. I don't like to send up an image of 600 by 400 nor do I like compressing
>below a level of 5.

Jim

The beauty of broadband is that on average sites today are slower than they
used to be when everyone was on dialup :o)

I understand what you mean (I  think) but I tend to try to compress images
until I can start to see degradation (with reading glasses on) then back
off a little.  But the arbitrary "level 5" ... does not relate well to such
a subjective view.  It really does depend on the nature of the image as I'm
sure you are aware. The sharper and crisper your pictures are to start with
the sooner you start to see the effect.

But before we start putting up 500k images "because we can" perhaps we need
bigger thumbnails too ... so we get a better idea of whether we want to :o)

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!