Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: PF exhibits on 11 FEB 2006

At 9:10 AM -0500 2/11/06, Andrew Davidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated FEB 11 2006. Authors with work now on display at: http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

            D.L. Shipman -

Wow.  Lucky shot.  How many hours did you have to hang around waiting?!

            Alan Zinn - Querida

Well, there's the difference, right there.

            Don Roberts - Purple Bottle

Now that's really neat.  I really enjoyed looking it over.  Nice use
of that discretionary soft focus filter.

            David Small - It's a $1.50

Very nice palette, nice atmosphere, but I think they were discussing
something else.  The sense of involved interaction between the three
of them is very nice, however.

            Kostas Papakotas - floating in space

Too funny.  Great scan, Kostas.  Good blacks and I like the pinked
edge being so sharp even with the jpegging breaking up the upper left
edge a little.

            Roger Eichhorn - Egret Flock

It's 15 inches long, 2.2 Meg when opened.   I tried cropping it a
number of ways and all of them make it a lot less interesting
graphically and more conventional.  But still it needs some
discipline somehow to deal with the very large basically empty space
on the nearly entire right half.  There's something tropical about
the tone of the sky, but I wish the birds were as white as egrets
are.  They look like gulls.

            Marilyn Dalrymple - Motion

Oh, it's so beautiful!  So delicate and ephemeral!  really beautiful
like I wish I could get my flower pictures to be.  just really lovely!

Thanks to all.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx