Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 4019

>>>Wow.. I sure am glad Weston had that subscription to “Bell Peppers Quarterly’.
He would have never grokked the essence of pepperness otherwise.

I mean, a pepper is just a pepper, right?>>>

I think know the Weston image. If I am thinking of the image you are talking about. I did not care for it, either. I am not bashing Weston.

As for a flower being just a flower or minerals and gems being just minerals or gems, I beg to differ. I know, you did not mention gems and minerals.

Sometimes, you need to see more of the flower, gem, or mineral to provide needed details. You might look at a pepper plant and think it nice but there are many different species of pepper plants.

There are many different varieties of most minerals and you really need to see the matrix and surrounding rock material to tell what something might be. Again, my view might not be your view and for many, a pepper is just a pepper.

I have seen some nice images that might be to your liking, just not my liking because I need more info. Again, just another one of my unacceptable opinions.

Bob