RE: Bob & Jeff

>Bob & Jeff, if you two are going to argue,
>please email each other directly and save the
>rest of us the trouble of deleting your messages.

Hans

This particular argument I'd rather stay public.
It raises interesting points.

On the one hand we have Jeff, who has not only posted his photographic work extensively in the past (to the gallery) but also contributed with reviews and discussion on the aesthetics of photography.

On the opther hand we have Bob who claims to be (and is proud of being ?) an "old school" photographer, who tells us his work is of a high technical standard, who tells us his clients are happy with his work. He admits to not being "impressed" by much (or was that anything?) that goes in the PF gallery - and certainly not Jeff's impressionistic images.

So what weight do others place on their opinions / comments?
Sure, we know Bob can talk the talk ... and we have his assurance he can walk it too.
Jeff on the other hand - well, we've seen his stuff.  Many don't buy into it but it's a known quantity.

There may be valid reasons for not showing photographs to a photo forum. There are certainly valid reasons for not disclosing the names of your clients.  But without tangible evidence, does it just remain talk?

Qkano