Inverse square law

Jeff,
I have been lurking here for a while, and sending in comments now and again. I'll scan some of my recent LF negs. and post them  when the semester quiets down. The point to my previous message is that there has been a lot of good information exchanged in this forum in the past and I am guessing that most of don't want to read personal arguments.
Now, if you would like me to begin a discussion by asking a question, I will; how do the rest of the instructors in this forum teach the inverse square law to new students?

Hans Klemmer
College of DuPage

"I have discovered photography.  Now I can kill myself.  I have nothing else to learn."

- Pablo Picasso