Re: We are off that topic; here are some critiques and opinions - was government you

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Maxey"

: Say, where are your images, Qkano?

Qkano is Bob Talbot's other email address (one of many)

: As I peruse the web I see plenty of stuff I have seen before. I follow PF
members web sites (no names) and all I see are images that in my opinion,
are uninteresting. Pedestrian and been there done/saw that boring. Again,
'tis my opinion and you are free to fault me for a rather narrow view of
what a photograph should be. So I seldom serve up my personal opinions of
another photographer's work because I do not like having to dilute my
personal opinions. Remember, I have stated my opinions, so no raspy
comments about how bad I am or how wrong or how unfair.
:
: Since I am "required" to critique, I will provide a general opinion.
Nothing on the PF site, save a few examples, does much for me. I am not
saying they are good or bad, just this: I want to see something new. My
tastes are limited and I like what I like. I do not like skies sans clouds
or snow scenes with little to no highlight detail. I deeply appreciate
viewing the photographer's best work, not images with attached excuses. (no
reflection on those gathered here) I like large, sharp images and I love
stereo if done well. I cannot abide poor exposures or images described as
experimental, if there is nothing to interest me. There seldom is. We
called those images waste.
:
: I want old school quality that in my OPINION, far too mane "professional"
photographers are incapable of providing. Quality that comes from careful
exposure, precision processing, and a lab printer that actually knows a
thing or two. Like me, for example. But we are in a growing digital domain
and what I know or apply or think is important is growing less valid with
every passing day. When was the last time you used compensating developers,
water bath development, desensitizes, decimated filters, Kodachrome,
banquet cameras, dodging and burring, used a Morse Contact Printer, a
Cirkit camera, an 11x14 view camera, a tri-color (one-shot) camera,
ferrotype tins, a steam Kodak print straightened, a Kodak "automated" black
and white printer, bound slides in glass, stripped individual color layers
from an Ektachrome and reassembled the layers to make a composite? Like I
said, what I know is leaving the scene and in the digital realm, less and
less important.
:
: So there you go. My comments on the current crop of images on the PF site
and why I do not post/critique.
:
: So I guess this post will get me banned, huh?

looks like you've done a review and added an expression of an opinion -
best post I've seen from you to date Bob ;-)

I like it