Re: off-site storage

Hmm,

I just  had a look at the latest ads by some big German ISPs. So, let's see, one offer is a "RootServer Power", 49 €/month.
You get an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Server with 1025 MB RAM and 2*80 GB HDD set up as a RAID 1 System.

So, much more space - and you could set up a web-site there as well...

On the other hand, when you speak of high-quality scans, 25 GB is not much space and even 80 GB won't go far...
I have about a terabyte of scans and digital photos sitting here on external hard drives - and for me, that's just a hobby (did I mention that most of my slides are still waiting to be scanned?)

Laurenz
http://www.onlinephotogalleries.com/
http://www.travelphoto.net/
http://www.wiesbaden-photos.com/

2006/1/20, lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx lookaround360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

It aint cheap  ($50 per mo. for 25GB) relative to $99, 100GB hard drives
drives. But it is failsafe.