"feeling a little more positive than usual" gallery review

Jim Davis
Lake Dawn
Man, I do miss living in the Pacific Nortwest.  It really is God's country and you have captured a nice example of its splendor.  Good work, sir.  I absolutely love the ghostly scars of clearcutting in the background and the ever-present mist that accompanies the forest.

DL Shipman
Untitled
Nice heron(?).  On closer look I'm thrilled to see so much color on the legs and under the wings.  Wish the focus was better on the head but you can't have everything, now can you.

Howard Leigh
Untitled
Awfully grainy for HP5+, lots of cropping here?  I like images like this, kind of an imposing feeling, or one of intentional impact of either dread or the horrors of war.  What are the little pieces of paper at the base of the monument?

Steve Hodges
Country farm
I really like the tree at the top of the image and how it blocks out the man, sort of making him like of the anonymous millions in India.  But the required balance at the bottom forces that really distracting out of focus lump of grass.  Cropping would lose your illustrating the irrigation system.  The team and buggy in the background is a nice touch, though.

Pini Vollach
Jaffa
Ah, Clementines...'Tis the season.  Edit out the sun spot, and reduce the color from the people in the background and that orange will be even more effective.  Too much other color to keep me interested in the peel, but not enough to balance the image IMO.

Jim Snarski
Jack O'Lantern
I've seen sea slugs in the Red Sea and your analogy is accurate.  Great color comp and detail.  Just with the green foliage wasn't there on the top left...oh, why destroy nature for the purpose of art?

Emily L. Ferguson
winter experiment season
Nice abstract.  FANTASTIC COLOR!  I can almost feel this...don't usually get into flower pics, but this is my choice for the week.

Greg Fraser
Greenhouse in Snow
First thought: how far were the bodies thrown from the wreck just down the embankment?  Second thought:  Gosh darn he has great saturation and detail here.  Inside I am begging for a scanner that truly shows this level of detail for my images on the net.  Outside, I quip a fake French accent, a pencil thin moustache, and "spee t on ze dishital".  I'm waiting until I have to make my own film so I can really look futile.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham