Re: Program for organizing/storing photos

: My technical ignorance showing, again...
:
: Do you have to buy new hardware to burn DVD's, or can you use your CD
(hrdwr) burner and a DVD burning software program?
:
: My CD drive burns CD's (info/audio) but not DVD's.
:
: Is it as simple as getting a DVD program like the one below?

no Shyrell, you'd need a DVD burner.  Well worth the small cost though as
the media costs only a fraction more than a CD and offers considerably more
storage space.

My personal favourites are the LG burners which also burn DVD RAMS as well
as the other various 'standard' formats - +R, -R, -RW and +RW

DVD RAMS are rewritable many, many hundreds of times and are theoretically
a lot more stable than any other optical media (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-RAM )

karl