From: "trevor cunningham"
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"

Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:42 AM
Subject: Re: building a studio at school and OT

: wow...this turned into something...thank goodness it
: has n't quite turned into a canon vs nikon
: argument...yet...anywho, nice to know about the studio
: flash adapter...i think if we got into slaves and
: pre-flash settings the students would get that tilt to
: their heads like dogs hearing a high whistle...i did
: mention that the d70 would likely be

I'll just add that of the 3 sony f505's we put in the hands of students,
all are still working fine - and no less than 1200 students from many
faculties have access to these (!). The 3 D100's in the hands of the photo
students have not fared anywhere near so well in half the time, costing a
LOT in repairs :-(

The Sony f717 I lent students met with a great degree of acceptance :-)

Aside from the versatility of being able to shoot from the waist, they also
take a hot shoe adapter and prove very adept camera in studio setings

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology
Muscat