RE: building a studio at school

> I believe most cameras are capable of handling
> "standard" low and
> high (up to 300v or so) trigger voltages.

Somewhere on the internet I read that someone got 'inside info' from someone at Canon who told him the hotshoe circuitry on the Rebel is the same one used on the 10d and 20d and they are rated for higher voltages. Elsewhere (many places) I read 6v was the maximum the Rebel can handle and the damage is cumulative so it may work fine for quite a while then stop one day.

To be honest though cost is my main motivating factor. In this case I had both a hotshoe-pc adapter and a flash so I went with the flash which seemed safer in the long run.

Greg