Re: building a studio at school

I have used the Canon Rebel with a hot shoe to PC socket adapter to fire a
studio and handheld flash units such as the Sunpak 550 and the camera does not
seem the worse for wear. If you have already a large number of cameras maybe it
would be worth equipping one with such an adapter and check the system
yourself. I believe most cameras are capable of handling "standard" low and
high (up to 300v or so) trigger voltages.

However, since this statement has not been extensively tested I'd suggest a bit
of personal research is in order. Problem is that once word "leaked out" that
cameras would fail rumor spread this and now everyone is concerned and avoids
attaching external units to their cameras. I am not faulting anyone but it is a
shame in a way that the situation has arisen.

cheers,
Andy