Re: Another one bites the dust

Russ

Local photographers here - covering Amateur Drama -  are now simply
delivering the whole caboodle on CD.  It's not quite work-for-hire but
the recipients can print as many as they like.

That's got a lot of attraction for me - stop worrying about copyright,
almost no post production effort (the customer has to print their own
and probably wouldn't pay more than a couple of quid per shot anyway).

There's no detailed admin ... handing out proof sheets and collating +
collecting reprint orders.
Almost no "editing" either ... apart from the real dross everything
ends up on the CD.

The photog gets a flat fee for covering the event + some variable
costs depending on numbers of CDs sold.

Ain't digital wonderful.

Bob

PS ... it might not be shot-gun photography in your hands but for new
camera owners that seems to be exactly what it is :o)

I have been doing a version of this for about two years now................

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography
rebphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx