Re: FW: Gallery Comments

At 21:49 6.01.2006, you wrote:
Images here:
 http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html.

Comments here:

Peeter Vissak (Going) - Not much snow for Dec 22. Global warming problem? Well I like the contrast of red in blue with the little squeaks of white reflector tape but overall the image is not truly thrilling me. It just doesn't look very Christmaslandish to me. Where's the tinsel? Where are the dancing bunnies and squirrels? Where are the drunk uncles?

Greg,

Seems that You have simply mixed 2 things up - Christmasland is a place in the backcountry, cold and dim place, where no drunk uncles are allowed, instead gnomes and other creatures can be met sneaking and rushing around. (The snow thing is seemingly poorish this winter, alas!) But lots of semidrunk and drunk uncles, bunnies (both dancing and fried) and squirrels (hopefully only dancing) can be permanently seen in most populated places, not in the woods (especially fried bunnies and all kinds of uncles).

What I was photographing was a rare and wild dwarf species, most probably Gnomus mediobalticus ssp. oligoascus. Those specimen, if met, can be seen without bags or sacks or presents whichsoever. They are sneaking and creeping around, lurking and scouting, tittling and tattling and wagging tongue. And if you didn't get your new skates that you were waiting for so long, it's just because some of those characters happened to notice from behind the curtain how you didn't brush your teeth one evening 3 weeks ago and babbled about it to everybody.
In some counties people are allowed to snare them.
I suspect most of them have escaped from the Peter Jackson's gang.

But thanks for reminding me about the tinsel! Next time I try to send a whole separate picture of it :)

Cheers,

Peeter