Re: Post-topping, was formerly Christmas greeting gallery

>You snipped too much off of my original post (see below)
No I didn't ... I left just enough. If it still wasn't clear the rest of the text was in the previous message.

>If you're going to snip and send a nastyish reply,
>please at least snip all that you're replying to.
In your view they are nasty: nasty but true?

>Please calm down.
Why?

Are you a mind reader?

Stick to the words on the page
You didn't have and couldn't have any idea what mood I was in when I wrote.
I can't tell from your reply whether you have your tongue in cheek or whether your eyes are bulging while you spit fire at the monitor.  Best not to be presumptive ...

> > It has become the e-mail standard and bottom-posting is
> > considerably more difficult to read now. For some reason -
> > and this makes it almost impossible to figure out what's
> >going on -
As I said before: I dispute this.

Over the last couple of weeks there has been a flood of messages from a number of "top posters" that all fit Jim's rule "Top posters don't Snip". In almost all the cases I remember there has been a one-liner reply over a completely uneditied thread.  In some cases they have top poseted over a thread that up to then was in natural (top to bottom) order.

For the most part indeed none of the unsnipped content was needed.

The issue is leaving the reader in no doubt as to which part of a message the "I agree" refers to: or maybe in the case of a straight "thank you" for a review (with no other content) sending it direct the originator.

Bob