Re: copyright infringement

I agree wholeheartedly. It should never have hit the presses with that cover.

1. The Photographer surely doesn't do the cover design, he just takes the picture. The brief must have come from the design dept.

2. The two magazines both have the same idiomatic headline... The Photographer is not the copywriter!

This looks very strange indeed to me. Almost fake.

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I'm not sure about lack of imagination. I do believe the
situation was somewhat more complicated than that. Among other
things the editor should have stopped the project before publication
anyway, since the editor should have been in tune enough with local
publications to recognize that t he shooter's effort was too close to
home.

Then the shooter may not be a person of great imagination. How many
shots in your local paper show acceptable skill much less
imagination? Three a year unless you're lucky. And why should a
shooter who's not real imaginative not also be able to make a living?
Most newspaper work is on a tight schedule and half the editors would
reject real imagination anyway as too far out for the readership.
Certainly happened at the paper I worked for, and it's still
happening there 6 years later.

But mostly I think the editor should have gotten some of the rap in that case.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx

Herschel Mair