Re: Post-topping, was formerly Christmas greeting gallery

Per and Terry,

I also agree with you and, although I didn't care for the style at first, I got used to it. It has become the e-mail standard and bottom-posting is considerably more difficult to read now. For some reason - and this makes it almost impossible to figure out what's going on - some people reply with all the preceding e-mails and then bottom-post.

If the standard has become top-posting, and I believe that it has, courtesy calls for top-posting. Certainly snipping and subject changes are important, and I would add that subjects should try to be at least a bit specific. I've forgotten if it was on this list or another camera list, but a recent subject was something like "HOW TO DO THIS". Something more specific would have helped readers.

Many people reply that one can always delete posts they aren't interested in, but with increasing amounts of e-mail, why place an additional burden on readers?

Best wishes for the holidays, however you celebrate them, if you do!

Steve