Re: Christmas greeting gallery

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

At 7:45 AM -0600 12/20/05, William B. Ellis wrote:

I tend to look at these discussions this way. I'm one who will wish someone Merry Christmas. When I do, I'm wishing others what I feel , not what I want them to believe. If they do believe what I do or wish to, that's their choice. If someone is offended by this greeting, and please don't take this wrong, but it's THEIR problem not mine. I try not to offend, but being human, it will unintentionally happen sometimes. I'll not apologize for saying Merry Christmas, nor will I cease. When I'm told I can't say Merry Christmas because I'll offend someone else, please understand that offends me.

Everyone have a joyous holiday season, but I'll have a Merry Christmas.

Some people don't celebrate Christmas. Some people don't celebrate at this time of year. Best to honor that by wishing them something that they can connect to.

Wishing them Merry Christmas when they are part of any number of populations that have been persecuted by those who celebrate Christmas seems pretty presumptuous to me.

Maybe I'm just a committed Blue-stater.

Hey! Is this a list for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students or some Left /Right wing political philosophy discussion group?

How about sticking to discussions revelant to the tiltle of the organization and leave the putting on of guilt trips to the politicians and other such creatures.

A course in history will show that everbody has at one time or other abused his/her neighbor. Nuff said!

Paddy