Re: Gallery Review

I think the bird is fantastic in the middle. Fact remains, it is not about the bird as much as about the scenic view that at first looks upside down.

S.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Peeter Vissak" <pv@xxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: Gallery Review

Peeter Vissak
Panorama with reeds and a bird: I think (which doesn't count for much {:->) that the bird is a little too centered. If the bird were more to the left and some of the water below him cropped out, it may make a more powerful photograph. Great shot of the bird, however. I like the detail in his wings.

Thanks, Marilyn!

The bird was in the right place. That was ME who shot a little bit in a wrong direction ;) With a manual old Vivitar lens it is slightly complicated, as it is not AF-S, especially when panning. Anyway, I do not complain much about the result. Must learn again to work with a state-of-the-art Nikon gear. It is years back now, when I sold my F90x (and used old FG-20 instead). Next time, when it comes back to the bay to fish, I'll try to leave empty space TOWARDS it's direction. I love the birds' wings too, although it was very-very outcast afternoon and the ISO was set somewhere near maximum.

Regards,

Peeter