Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: PF exhibits 03 DEC 05

Renate Volz
vanity

Interesting macro idea.  Wishing it was darker in the shadows so I couldn't see the stem of the mirror.  What's the inspiration here?

Greg Fraser
Marigold Thawed

Gives me the impression of a dead Buddhist monk being gaffed out of the sea following the 2004 tsunami.  Good work sir!

Lea Murphy
Rachel

Having seen some of your other family portraits, I was really looking forward to this one from the thumbnail.  The shallow focus draws from the punch your other portraits have, though I understand this was a little more off the cuff than studio arranged.  Lovely lashes! *batbat*

Srinivasa Rao Regeti
Renaissance Festival

I'm supposing her battle opponent didn't have a real battleaxe...reminds me of a George Carlin line referring to Civil War re-enactors saving the gene pool by using real bullets.  Seems a little harsh and contrasty for the sepia IMO.  I like the tilt to it though.

Howard Leigh
My early morning shadow

What kind of car is that next to your shadow?  If you could have found a fresh pool of blood on the side walk you could merge with the head of your shadow, it'd be a winner.

Dona Tracy
Bosco, a street dog

Here in Cairo they've stopped shooting the strays and have moved on to leaving poisoned piles of meat to eliminate them.  With the help of the more modernized waste disposal systems and pickup, the carcasses don't sit in piles of trash rotting in the sun for months at a time anymore either...lots more efficient!  Didja give puppy a treat?  I like the grayness to the picture...bold bright colors would have been a distraction to the feel.

Museki Abe
Autumn Color 3

Like the idea, and especially how the temple(?) roof blends with the tree trunks.  But wondering, do you have a warming filter?  Feelin too much blue here.

Christopher Strevens
Roberta on the common

Interesting...looks almost multimedia.  She looks like a picture printed out low quality and scanned again...the trees(?) above her head look out of place, and the random loss of focus is rather disturbing...reminds me of a party I went to once.  I think there's an issue of scale to be mentioned here as well, the grass she's laying in looks a little big compared to her (again, it was a good party).

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

Yahoo! Shopping