Re: What filter when shooting B&W portraits with Kodak 3200?

I used to use a deep yellow filter with bw film. It gave a delicate look to human flesh that I liked. However, if you're shooting at 3200 the grain will probably counteract any delicacy.

Greg Fraser http://home.golden.net/~fraserg

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed Nov 30 13:59:36 2005
Subject: What filter when shooting B&W portraits with Kodak 3200?

Hello All,

Its been a while since I posted here. Hope everyone
here had a good thanksgiving and looking forward for
more holidays.

Lately I ve been doing lot of wedding photography and
I would like to shoot some pictures inside the church
with Kodak 3200. I am also going to shoot some
portraits with that film with available light inside
the church. I would like to know what type filter
should I be  using inorder to get a good contrast in
the pictures. Or should I not use any filters at all ?
I was thinking about yellow filter as I read about it
somewhere but I cannot recall the exact type of
filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also going to shoot digital in parallel so its
also going to be a kind of comparison for myself and
see if the dynamic range is going to be really a big
deal or not in this situation.

Thanks,
Srinivasa Regeti