Re: Would you give away a print to a prospective client?

>>>Yes, instead of trying to prove your assertion yourself.  I've done my
share of research; if you think there's any evidence (as opposed to
theoretical arguments) for your position, by all means show us some.>>>

OK.

Try this as a good starting place: www.tabberone.com. Read the message boards and the site owner's various fights. Also, read the email messages to and from the various entities she has taken to task.

Be sure to review the Landham Act while you are there. This act has much to say about derivative works.

I was asking if there were some cases that indicate I cannot "duplicate" a famous photographer's scenes. My contention is there are few if any that say no. Also, what was the outcome, if these cases were appealed. I do not need to prove my contentions; those that disagree with me need to prove their counter opinions. Most are guesses, I am guessing.

Bob