Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:47 AM
Subject: Re: PF Exhibits 19 NOV 05

At 1:01 +0200 11/20/05, Pini Vollach wrote:
Jim S - I can't realize what the spider eat there ?

    It's another spider, Pini. If you look closely at it you can clearly see the legs. Here's some more info on the eating habits of Daddy Long Legs spiders:

Daddy-long-legs spiders have venom glands and fangs but their tiny fangs are fused at the base and they cannot open their jaws wide enough to bite humans. As they supposedly cannot bite humans, their venom has not been studied in detail.
However daddy-long-legs kill and eat other spiders, including Redback Spiders whose venom CAN be fatal to humans. Perhaps this is the origin of the rumour that daddy-long-legs are the most venomous spiders in the world. It might be argued that if they can kill a deadly spider, they must be even more deadly themselves, but daddy-long-legs only need to be quicker to bite, not more venomous
.

Jim
Baja Oegon