Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: Protecting the CD content

My client wants to have five CDs containing photos. He will give three of these CDs to a group. He wants them to see the photos but not to copy them.

I know this is a tough requirement, because, from what I know, when you view a photo in your computer, the photo also becomes present somewhere in the hard disk, and you can, of course, as Emily has pointed out, also use the screen shot option.

I have set my Nikon D70 to put my name electronically on each photo taken by this camera. And, as D70 users know, this text can be viewed using the Nikon Picture Project and possibly other similar programs. But it can also be erased.

Photoshop 7 has a Web Photo Gallery feature that makes batch printing of comments on photos. It has a copyright subfunction, too, but I don't know how it works.

Gregory Fraser <Gregory.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Elson anyone who wants to can copy the CD. If you want only your client to be able to access the images then encrypt them with one of the many free encryption programs available and give the client the key. By the way, did you ask your client if making the CD copy proof is really what he wants or does he want to prevent unauthorized viewing of the images? After all what's the harm in copying a CD full of data you can't read?

If you could make CDs copy proof, Sony wouldn't be in the pickle they are now and multi-millionaire musicians would be mega-millionaires.

Greg