Re: Russian eBayers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fraser"
: By the way, I took a test shot using my new lens. If anyone's interested,
the test shot can be seen here
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg/equipment/industar50.html. As the page text
indicates, this was a quick test and more of a snapshot than a real
evaluation still I was kind of impressed. I hadn't even cleaned the finger
prints of the lens element before taking the shot.

dude, you bought an industar!

I bought one loocally for around $12 brand new from a shop and test shot it
against my Canon FD and FL macro 50mm's, it beat both FL's which performed
better than my FD.

I sold all the Canons for some cash and kept the little russian button
instead :-)

Later I found another and bought that too and if anything it's a smidge
better

I know the rep for russian quality control is bad, but they make some
damned fine lenses too - the Industars I've seen have been fantastic :-)