Re: Would you give away a print to a prospective client?

Points, what points, where do I get these points? What do I with them? Can I trade them for a lens?
If they don't like the image do they take points away? <vbg>

No TFP stands for 'Trade for Prints" that means that the other party will grant you access, or a service that is useful to you in trade for your time, skills and use of equipment. Most often used with a new model. I use it for both models and for local airshow performers that need media photography in trade for access to air-to air shoots,
or special training sessions that photographer are not usually allowed to.

Often times the smaller performers are subsisting on small sponsers (patrons if you will) and need the work but can't really afford a good photographer. Also it is not easy finding a good photographer in this field. There are maybe 10 in northern CA.

It's only a portion of my work but it is my favorite.

Ditto on the interest in the thread. Again I am sorry if it seemed I spent too much time on my soapbox but I really do want all photographers to be a smashing success. I wan't to be chosen for a gig because of my skills not my prices, and I want the same for each of you.

Take care,

Les

PS Steve did you see the waves in Santa Cruz on last Sat? They were huge. I shot soem surfing just for fun (remember that?) and it was incredible to watch. Some were approaching 20ft or better!!!