Re: Swing Away

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fraser"
: Re: Swing Away

: I knew I could count on you Karl.

no furries mate, now you have the shift/ rise bit handled, take a look at
THIS groovy option - it involves a saw, a metal file, a tap and a bolt and
is sure to be a winner with the babes~!

Get all these manly tools together (my mum will lend you some if you don't
have them).  Next grab yourself a set of macro bellows - one with a single
rail and preferably get the one with RED bellows!

cut the rail somewhere close to the body mount, then take to one end with a
file and (looking from above) grind it to look like this:
    __
    I   I  <--put a hole here
 _ I   I_
I          I
I          I
I          I

next grab the other part of the rail and groove it like this

 _     _
I   I  I  I  <--put another hole here*
I   I_I  I
I         I

stick the two together and drill a hole thru all of it the right size to
tap a thread on one side (* this part, not the other one) then drill the
other holes out so the bolt moves freely thru the bits that don't have the
thread

Oh, don't forget to grind a curvy bit in the top one so from side on it
looks like this:

_______________
                                )
                               /
                             /
____________/

otherwise you'll have effectively just cut it in half and bolted it back
together again achieving nothing - I'm not as good as some others here with
text based diagrams so you'll just have to try really hard to imagine the
curve being smooth, and see how this makes sense.

Now you'll be able to tilt the lens!  If you whack that plate I designed on
the front and paint it say, a metalic blue you'll have a very stylish tilt,
shift, rise and fall mechanism allowing you all the movements you could
possibly want.

I'd also suggest painting the lens hot pink

..and painting a red ring arount the barrel

or just buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7560960442 (the cool
looking twin knob thing at the end once unscrewed allows the rail to break
in the middle)