Re: Film Cost: Canon digital bodies and Nikon lenses.

I shoot almost 98% slides now and 2% digital. Ektachrome film has gone up just a bit but I still buy the film made in the USA for the oversea market. Processing now cost more than a roll of film. Processing has doubled in price with the loss of volume so Kodak processing is now over $4.00+ a roll of 36 while it used to be $ 2.00+ a roll to get developed and mounted. With only one Kodak lab left in the US I do wonder what happens when it goes under to prices.(I know, a custom lab at twice the price). Of course I have a dedicated 35mm scanner. There isn't any other way to go if you want to maximize the color gamut of the slides. I pass the cost on to my customers.