Re: PF Exhibits on 15 OCT 05

> Bob Talbot - Orphans
>> Yeah, yeah. just what one would expect from you, but not
>> particularly artfully assembled.

> Phew ... I keep telling people I'm not an artist.

Well I'll be darned! I too have been telling people you're no artist! Well that's not entirely true. The thumbnail of your image is the only one that grabbed my attention this week. Perhaps its all those rigid lines but then I'm a sucker for discipline. Personally I find the top and bottom strips look somewhat amateurish however, if you had no horizontal strips, I would find the image too open and unfinished. Had you put just one strip either top or bottom, it would look like an advert or the basic web site format. Put one strip across the middle and you've got a ribbon tying the strips together. Diagonal wouldn't work. Too road sign-ish. From an artistic standpoint (I keep telling people I'm an artist) I agree with your choice except I would make it b&w, add lots of grain and increase the contrast considerably and squeeze in a slice of CNN Iraq battle coverage.

By the way I really like Pini's Sumela Roots. Beautiful curves I can melt into.

Greg Fraser
Past Master of Funk
http://home.golden.net/~fraserg