Gravestone photography

A few weeks ago, I was talking about death
photography. I didn't realize I would be doing
something similar: Recently, I've applied to do
volunteer work in a small museum, and has been
assigned to document the gravestones of Islington
Burial Ground -- just in time for Halloween and the
movie "The Corpse Bridge."

See thumbnails at http://isb.elizaga.net

This website is temporary and is meant only as
reference for evaluating my work.

My problem is this: I found out that the cluttered
background is quite difficult to handle with my 35-105
lens. I have a Nikon 105mm micro, which can blur the
background quite effectively, but it requires
considerable distance when shooting a large or tall
subject.

What kind of lens do you usually use for this environment?

http://nazca.elizaga.net
http://kindelen.elizaga.net

http://farechase.yahoo.com