Re: Canon's support and information.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Chamberlain,

: Dear Karl:
:
: I looked at the software EOS1DInf - Mac OSX from www.soens.de and found
it
: be really useful. I would like to have a copy of it.
:
: The problem is that (1) I have never used PayPal having no clue as to how
it
: is supposed to work and (2) once I move from the English page describing
the
: product to the page where the transaction is supposed to be made, this
page
: is entirely in German and I don't speak a single word of German.
:
: Is there anything you can do to help me with the purchase ? I wish they
had
: a secured page where I could simply enter my credit card info but
: unfortunately they don't.
:
: How can I purchase a copy of this software ?

I suggest setting up a paypal buyers account at www.paypal.com .  As much
as many people are adverse to online transactions, few have problems with
paypal - as long as you take the cautious approach and don't treat ANY
emails alegedly from financial institutes as legtimate.  There are spoofed
paypal emails circulating targetting paypal account holders but I find it
best to logon to paypal directly to confirm any such emails.

for translations, you may find the following site helpful - but not in this
case as it cannot translate a secure site like paypal:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Once you have set up a paypal account, you can make the transaction
directly from Paypal by entering the sellers email address:
wolfram@xxxxxxxx as the person you are buying from - and specifying in the
'message to seller' box in both English and German exactly what you are
buying (software name, version and operating system need only be specified
in English) as well as your postal address.  You'll find the babelfish site
above useful for any communication to the seller.  Alternatively email him
directly in English or German and ask his advice

I've found paypal to be a useful facility :-)

Karl