Re: Photography and the law U.K

----- Original Message -----
From: "SteveS"

: > No doubt those UK members of this forum will have heard the report on
the
: > BBC yesterday...
: > A graphic designer needed some photos of a motorway. So he went and
: > started to take some of a motorway in Hampshire. The police stopped and
: > searched him under Section 44 of the Terrorism Act of 2000. They do NOT
: > need to provide or even have any reason to do this.
:
:
: Forgive me for what may be a blunt comment on this, but it IS why we [the
: U.S.] revoluted against your country.

I thought it was so the US didn't have to honour the treaties the UK
government set up with the Indian nations regarding the status of Indian
land and nations.