Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:20 PM
Subject: Re: classes?

I've been considering offering a second class in photography where I instruct a beginning photographers' class.   I'd like to instruct a course on being a photographer.  Not a business oriented class, or an equipment oriented class, but a class about what goes into the thinking process of being a photographer.

The closest example I can give is the type of material used in the LensWork magazines and commentaries.<<<<<<<<

Lenswork Magazine isn't directed toward the beginner. They can use philosophical topics as a result.They're talking to knowledgeable photographers.

Can one be a photographer without knowing photography? Can you talk as a photographer without discussing subject matter, light, form, color harmony or style?

Why are you a photographer?

Read the books "Why People Photograph" by Robert Adams and published by Aperture. Also, "Dialogue With Photography" by Paul Hill and Thomas Cooper, a Cornerhouse Publication.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com