Re: Stopping Pop-Ups!

At 09:29 22 10 2005, Bob wrote:
James B. Davis wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:34:52 -0500, Shyrell Melara
<shyrellmelara@xxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:
How do all of you deal with pop-ups? I have a blocker on my explorer browser and it works most of the time. But there is one pop-up that always seems to get through even with the blocker turned on. I downloaded sfg800e.exe but have not put it on my hard drive. Anyone familiar with this blocker? Is it any good? Is there anything else I can try? I deleted all my cookies and that doesn't stop this server. Where else can I look. It has to be on my hard drive, right?
BTW-If my site doesn't come, hit the refresh button.
Firefox.
How do I tell the pop ups that I am using Firefox so they won't bother me anymore?

You don't. Firefox is like the 500kg gorilla -- it just tells the pop-ups to stop.

I am running Firefox 1.0 still get pop ups.

Bob,

I very occasionally get pop-ups too, I think when I open a link in a "background page". Go to:

and download version 1.0.7. Thunderbird (the email client) is also up to v1.0.7.

I find Opera to be a very good web browser, which stops unwanted pop-ups (it also has a built in email client):

http://www.opera.com/download/

&i (:

--
No virus detected in this outgoing message.