Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists! Not

Well, Kodak is a moderately big player in the point and shoot crowd, but I don't see that their machines are as common as Fuji's. My hunch used to be that the people who got to a cheap digital disposble would be the biggest winners, but there was a big article on pdnonline this week about the sales success of camera phones which apparently have been outselling cell phones by 2 to 1 during the last year.

I think that people will hang on to the concept of wanting a 4c6 print for quite a while. They spend oodles at my local Wal*mart putting their little XDand memory stick cards into the Fuji machine and selecting "one of each" and now that they can take more pix because they don't run out of the roll of film, those "ones of each" are more in total number of prints than it used to be with the film. But as we move into the first generation which is completely computer literate, that too will change.

It certainly will be interesting to see whether Kodak falls into the Polaroid void or not. Industry prognosticators aren't encouraged as I hear it on the pro sites.

On the other hand, dinosaurs died out, but it wasn't because they were maladapted for change.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx