Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrea Coffey"

: Nice little list of some of the more venemous creatures on and around Oz.
: You forgot the bane of any beekeeper's life: the European wasp. But then
it
: probably wasn't meant to be an exhaustive list.

I hate those things!  every year I go nuts with automotive aerosol
degreaser, killing hundreds of them (works really fast unlike Mortein,
which just gets them irate and causes them to chase you!)

: Funny how we get so many people from Ireland coming to Oz, where in
Ireland
: they don't have any snakes at all.

curiosity perhaps?  Or maybe they want to see how sunlight (see below**)
feels

";)

: The good thing is the death toll on the roads is quite low, by world
: standards. Maybe because the ill-prepared people who die of thirst when
: their car breaks down in the outback, aren't counted in the road fatality
: statistics.

I forgot about that.  Warning - WE HAVE NO WATER - if you want to frink,
bring your own - and lots of it!
:
: Who's coming to visit Karl and me?

hehe.

Another thing - don't hit wombats when driving either, they look small but
they are the correct shape and density to form a roadtrain-fipping launch
pad.  Amazing really, something that small, relatively speaking compared to
say cows and camels, can destroy roadtrains!

**OZZY Osbourne blames Perth for his hatred of sunshine.

Osbourne said he remembered Perth well.  "I'll never forget Perth as long
as I live, and I'll tell you why,"
he said.

"It was In the early 70s when I was singing with Black Sabbath and we had
some shows In Australia and we had a f ------   manager at the time who had
us stopping everywhere you could possibly stop on the way through Australia
and we had to stop at Perth to refuel before we went on again."

"The captain said we could get off and walk around for a bit.  I got off
the plane and It was a really hot day so I thought I'd get a bit of a
suntan, me thinking like an English f------  idiot.  I lay on this f------
wall for 20 minutes and I didn't get a suntan, I was f------   nuked."

"I had the worst sunburn I've ever had, to the point that I don't like
going In the sun any more.  I had to sit for 30 goddamn hours on this plane
in agony, it was like somebody had thrown napalm on me."

cooked British people make me laugh!