Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists!

>>>You seem intent on demanding proof.

Yes, it often helps.

>>>Here's how to test it for yourself:

Get a decent suntan.
Come to London
Wear a backpack
Run into an underground station and refuse to stop when challenged by the police.

>>>Give it a try.>>>

OK, I will.

>>>Another Bob.

OK

>>>PS: if you've not grasped the context:

I do indeed. They and them are up to their old tricks.

first they lied about there being direct evidence linking the suspect
- then they lied about the running
- then they lied about the refusing to stop
- and now they expect us to believe that all the CCTV cameras were on the blink that day.>>>

I do not know the story. However, who is to say what was running through the minds of the police. Care to dig up a link? Perhaps the cameras were on the frizz that day. Unless you missed it, there was a bombing in London. As I recall, it was in the Tubes. Is Tubes the correct term?

Those persons collectively called "They" and "Them.". I will never know why we do not go after them and they. I also wonder about the famous inventor, Pat Pending. Gosh, I want to meet that guy.

>>>Sorry, Bob, the truth everywhere>>>

No, it is, "the truth is out there." Get the quote correct. Them and they are behind it all. I tell you.

>>>is if you give the police powers they will use them.>>>

Very true. So perhaps we need to become more involved and take back a little power. Or at least learn why some decisions are made.

>>>They are already using "anti-terrorist" legislation to restrict legitimate peaceful protest. And they want even more powers, for ever.>>>

>>>Some of us are worried by that.

We have freedom of speech and a constitution, so I cannot relate to the UK. Sometimes it is forgotton and I am sure that some of our lawmakers have not read the document. It has faded, you know?

Bob