Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists!

>>>There's a new law being proposed here in Oz at the moment, police are to
have the power to 'shoot to kill' any *suspected* terrorist who may be
running from them. We are not an armed country like the US, and police
shooting are rare, but this will mean the law will grant police the right
to kill people who are merely suspected of something - effectively they
would be lawful government executioners!>>>

And you automatically assume police will start shooting people for sport? I seriously doubt that. But, again, I do not know where you live. If it does happen, you problem is not the police; it is those that voted for the law. Not to mention, the lack of morality of the PD.

Bob

You seem intent on demanding proof.

Here's how to test it for yourself:

Get a decent suntan.
Come to London
Wear a backpack
Run into an underground station and refuse to stop when challenged by the police.

Give it a try.

Another Bob.

PS: if you've not grasped the context:
- first they lied about there being direct evidence linking the suspect
- then they lied about the running
- then they lied about the refusing to stop
- and now they expect us to believe that all the CCTV cameras were on the blink that day.

Sorry, Bob, the truth everywhere is if you give the police powers they will use them.  They are already using "anti-terrorist" legislation to restrict legitimate peaceful protest. And they want even more powers, for ever.

Some of us are worried by that.