Re: A Rare Review

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:25:55 -0700, Jeff Spirer <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote/replied to:

>>                Jim Davis - Miho Beach
>
>This photo is very flat.  Just some minor adjustments with curves
>makes it much more effective, given all the depth that can be in
>it.  Hey, it looks like you followed my rule on depth of field
>:-)  Otherwise, not really my thing but well put together.

Jeff, I'm sorry but I don't agree ;-)

This photo has a full histogram and looks basically like it did in
person when shooting. I actually put it back into PS and did some
curve adjustment but I could not improve it.

Of course I'm looking at it on my super duper Mitsubishi 19" CRT...

BTW, this shot is full frame with essentially no adjustments from RAW.
Shot at ISO100 on the 10d.EF28-135 IS at 28mm, f16.

Bob T wrote privately that he thought it needed more saturation. Wow,
that's hard to believe. That rust is really red on my monitor...

Interesting how we all see images differently. I'm just surprised that
such a vast difference exists.

And my monitor is not boosted with the SB Mode either ;-)

Oh, and the whole beach does not have these giant buffers, this is at
the point where errosion is greatest. Tetrapods do exist in many
places though. Kind of breaks up the beauty of the beach, but I guess
it's great protection for a sunami or just basic wave erosion.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
  http://easternbeaver.com/