Re: downsampling in PS

Yeah, Herschel. But the user who has not yet discovered that nifty feature is probably going to assume that by cropping one means cutting something off! It is a bit counterintuitive to use the crop tool to resize. Harking back to the days of analog (the darkroom) the two terms are quite different and although Adobe did a clever thing with that hat trick, it is at a basic level not intuitive.

One of the important things to me about Photoshop is the extent to which all its basic functions mimic the darkroom. Moving from PS to the darkroom is greatly enhanced by that factor and redefining terms on a whim or to make some process sound high-tech, in-the-know, with-it or "improved" grates on me every time.

That's why I hate Word.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx