Re: downsampling in PS

Kostas, firsltly let me say that I aplogise if this seems too basic for you. I don't know you're level of expertise. As a member of the Adobe Support Network, I am often irritating people by telling them stuff they already know... But I have to start somewhere so...

Are you keeping the image dimensions the same and simply changing the reolution or are you changing image size and resolution?

Your examples of 2400DPI and 300DPI make me think you've scanned transparency and want to turn a pic of around 25mm X 40mm @2400 DPI into a pic 250mm X 400mm @ 300 DPI

For this use Image size
First change the resolution to 300 without resamling You may not need to do anything else but if you do:
Then change the image dimensions and check the resample option

The crop tool is quite efficient. In the tool options you can input the required size in pixels or mm or whatever and the resolution. You then crop the entire image (Or part of it) and voila. Resampled.

I hope this helps

herschel

"kpp@xxxxxxxxxx" <kpp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yep here i am again!

Still was wondering if there ia a proper way to downsample in PS.

I mean can you use your crop tool to good effect?

Or has it to be through "image size"

Should one downsample in steps or staright down from 2400 to 300?

When should one downsample? Before or after image editing? (well kinda sure it should be after...)

Pretty basic Qs don't you think?

cheers, kostas

http://www.mailbox.gr ÁðïêôÞóôå äùñåÜí ôï ìïíáäéêü óáò e-mail.
http://www.thesuperweb.gr Website ìå ÁóöáëÝò Controlpanel áðü 6 Euro êáé äþñï ôï domain óáò!