Re: water in lens

The conversion from Celcius to Fahrenheit is simple, as a retired physicist.

From Farenheit, take away 32, then multiply by 5 and divide by 9. This
gives 93.33.

The conversion is simple, in Farenheit water freezes at 32 deg, and boils at 212. A range of 180
In Celcius, it freezes at 0 deg, and boils at 100.  A renge of 100.

Similarly, reversing the process (multiply by 9/5 and add 32, 72F gives 161.6C.

I would not trust the Units program in Linux at all with those conversions.

Jim Thyer.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Luis Pinto" <lmpinto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: water in lens

Terry wrote:
Thanks
Yes I used the lens yester for a few test shots and they looked just
fine, every thing worked just as it should!
and Yes it is Farhenite, what would that calculate out to in Celsius?

Acording to units (a small but very usefull linux program) 200F is
111.11C. These differente units are sometimes funny (like for me looking
for an air conditioner at 72F - 72C is 129F) but they are sometimes
prone to some big mistakes...

Anyway, I'm glad you got it working - hope I never need to use all I
have learnt in this thread :-)
--
                                       Regards,
  (o_                                 Luis Pinto