Re: film processing chemicals

Hello Kostas,

Thank you for your help an reply. I have been adjusting the developing times for the higher water temp. The water where I live is usually 10 degrees higher than the 75 degrees which is usually the highest temp. listed on the back of chemical bottles. I was wondering if there was a mathematical way of figuring the correct times for developing film at 85 degree.

My math skills are such that I can really only guesstimate, and that's kind of tricky. So far, my bath tub and ice cubes seem to be the best answer.

I usually send all my film to a lab, but some local students are interested in black and white film and the processing of that film. I don't want them to be disappointed by their film not coming out after being processed because of the high water temperature, which isn't their fault.

Thanks to all who have helped.

Marilyn
Let no one come to you without
leaving better and happier.