Re: counting stops in Photoshop

I need to raise the brightness of some images in photoshop exactly one f/stop. How can i achieve this?

oooops ... guess now I need an aspirin. I guess you could take a light meter (used in the reflected mode) and aim it at the image on the screen and once
turned on and reading you raise something (brightness?) until the meter reads
one stop higher than before.
Actually now that I think of it some more your could really also use a meter in incident mode probably.

... but then, I have no idea really and this is just an off the cuff suggestion.

g'day!
andy