Re: invitation to Oman criteria

Andy, I'll get hold of the man on Saturday (Beginning of the week here) and let you know what the real deal is.
Bob, From you writings I would assume that you're more than qualified. Have you got any formal qualifications/degrees etc.,

Write offline to Herschel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I guess anybody who's actively teaching in a decent college would do...
They originally spoke about a few people coming out here but I couldn't get a clear commitment as to how many exactly. It's difficult to get clear instructions here. Flexibility is the keyword.

Bob Talbot <BobTalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The director of the department that runs our college in Oman
(Persian Gulf) has asked if I could get a couple of "Esteemed
Photographic Academics" to come over here for a few days to be guests
of honor at a student exhibition.

Herschell

Well, it's a lovely offer but, apart from Andy, that "Esteemed
Photographic Academics" bit might rule most of us out :o) Well - that
is at least in hitting all three of the qualification terms.

1) Photographic - probably most here pass that test
2) Academics - several here are actively involved in education
3) Esteemed - which brings us back to Andy :o)

Good luck

Bob

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,